Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Beware this money trap in JB: 'No entry' signs covered with posters

There was no way he could have known this Johor street was inaccessible when all the signs were covered by stickers and posters. Yet no matter how he pleaded, STOMPer Short sighted was still fined. This is unfair especially to visitors who are unfamiliar with Malaysian roads, says the sender, who also adds that the signboards were hardly visible to motorists. STOMPer Short sighted says in an email:"These pictures were taken at the town of Skudai in Johor. As it was lunch time I decided to stop for my lunch and take a rest in a coffee shop. "I drove into a car park near the row of shops and suddenly a cop approached me to tell me that I had violated the traffic rule as there is a No Entry signboard. "He then issued me a fine of RM20.00. "I looked again and found that the signboards were covered by commercial posters. The 'NO ENTRY' signboard was hardly visible and so was the BERHENTI (STOP) sign."I pleaded with the cop but he was deaf to all my pleas. "According to a recent press report, Singapore drivers owe the Malaysian government RM 128 million because 430 000 unpaid summons have not been settled yet."

No comments:

Post a Comment